Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Weekly Worth a Listen: EXcess Baggage
This week's Weekly Worth A Listen is all about Exes. If you want to check out some other great songs go visit our host, Chelsea.

Dyer Maker - Led Zepplin
Still this song bugs the heck out of me. The lyrics are ridiculously stupid--Goose could write way better rhymes. But Zepplin is intrinsically linked to an ex and I can still picture his face as he over exaggerated the "oh, oh, oh, oh, oh"s to annoy me.


Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zepplin
The only one that doesn't make me gag.


We Can Work it Out - The Beatles
Same Guy, different song. He hated the Beatles, or at least thought Zepplin and the Stones were better, but where's their Rock Bands hmmm? I would think of this song whenever we'd have arguments "Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends"


King Nothing - Metallica
This guy isn't an official "ex", but he was a great friend and I was terrible to him. He taught me quite a bit about metal and Metallica paved the way for the heavier Gwar, Tool, Anthrax, Korn and all that jazz.


One Week - Barenaked Ladies
The first guy I was head over heels for wanted to learn every lyric to this song. I will always remember when we figured out "Birchmont Stadium, Home of the Robins"


Going Away to College - Blink 182
I used to listen to this over and over when thinking about him. I still love this song, but it doesn't really make me think of him anymore. "Don't depend on me to ever follow through on anything but I'd go through hell for you" might have been written for me.


Think of Me - Phantom of the Opera
My first official "boyfriend" though we were eleven, so it doesn't really count, took me to San Fran to see Phantom. Eleven Year olds shouldn't be left to see a show by themselves. At intermission we went outside and then got lost and missed half of the second act but it was still beautiful.
posted by Lori @ 7:08 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Anonymous Chelsea said…

    Awww! I love the explanations for One Week and The Phantom of the Opera song. Thanks for participating. Great post!

     
  • At June 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Anonymous eve said…

    Great picks- you remember a lot more ex's than me LOL I couldn't think of more than a few :-)

     
  • At June 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Blogger Annette said…

    Dyer Maker...I was so going to put that song on my post (for the boy who introduced me to The Doors). I totally remember making out on the couch in his mom's living room to Dyer Maker.

    um...TMI...LOL

    Great choices...love the explanation with the Bare Naked Ladies tune. Now I'm gonna go Google the lyrics.

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER